Il Divo Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Il Divo Forever

A IL DIVO fan forum.This forum is not official!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Il Divo The Star

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimple Diver
On Tour With Il Divo
On Tour With Il Divo
Dimple Diver

Il Divo The Star Empty
PostSubject: Il Divo The Star   Il Divo The Star Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Some of you may already know this, others may not, but I wanted to share this will you. Last year, soon after I joined the forum, I was so inspired by the guys that I had to find a way to thank them in a way that was as special as they were. Something that was unique and could be shared with both them and the fans that adore them. Below is the end result.

Il Divo The Star Starcert-1

Il Divo The Star Starchart

here is the original message I posted in the OF with it:

Most special guys,

I\'ve written this message in my head about 1,000 times now, so bear with me a minute because I want to be sure this message is worthy of all that you are...
Sorry, I\'m a little nervous this time posting...
Like the words you sing so well, each of you is an "angel of kindness" by sharing your music with us mere mortals around the world. As a thank you, I tried to find some small way I could return that kindness in a way that "reflects" all the brilliance you have so graciously given of yourselves.
I've searched high and low for something that did just that. I guess you could say the answer came from the heavens...
As your music is " universal" and enjoyed by so many one could even call it "celestial." So after much searching and with the outstanding council of many Divas, a token has been decided....
(if you could start humming the theme from Star Wars here it would help, David feel free to help them out with this)

I have just received electronic confirmation from the Universal Star Council that USC Star #4175160-83 is officially named

Il Divo
in your honor.

Your star is located in Ursa Major (commonly referred to as the Big Dipper). The exact location is listed as:

RA11h39m35.62s
DEC+37.27479
MAG11.02

All of which will be described in the forthcoming paperwork, which I will forward to the Il Divo Forum listed address once I\'ve received it via regular mail. A map will also be included, so you can find and see yourselves.

Ursa Major (in a galaxy far, far away) is made up of 4 pointer stars (much like the four of you) with a handle that points to the North Star, which is a guiding light that is seen and used around the world.
With that thought in mind, may it guide you through this and all other journeys and bring you safely home always.
Also know that for many of us, we shall only be able to glance upon you from afar and only the very best wishes will be wished upon this very special star.
Now and for all eternity guys, you are officially immortal............ (in case you didn\'t figure that out yet).

Sincerely,
Sandie

As I promised the guys, I did send them the original certificate. I understand from one of the media articles in the official forum, that at least one of them knows about it, so I assume they did receive the paperwork or read the message posted.
I also promised them that only good wishes would be wished upon their star, and I have done that so far. If you would like, please feel free to wish as well.

Last edited by Dimple Diver on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SuperCutie
Admin
SuperCutie

Location : Unbuttoning Carlos or Brent's shirt aka the two men in my siggy.

Il Divo The Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Il Divo The Star   Il Divo The Star Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:30 pm

thanks for posting this Mum *hugs* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://ildivoforever.forumotion.net
Dimple Diver
On Tour With Il Divo
On Tour With Il Divo
Dimple Diver

Il Divo The Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Il Divo The Star   Il Divo The Star Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:32 pm

You're welcome cd I love you
Back to top Go down
Natty
Junior Music Student
Junior Music  Student
Natty

Il Divo The Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Il Divo The Star   Il Divo The Star Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:06 pm

Sis...so glad you posted this here too!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Dimple Diver
On Tour With Il Divo
On Tour With Il Divo
Dimple Diver

Il Divo The Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Il Divo The Star   Il Divo The Star Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:41 pm

thanks Sis...
Back to top Go down
fara1903
Intern at Sony BMG
Intern at Sony BMG
fara1903

Il Divo The Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Il Divo The Star   Il Divo The Star Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:20 am

Thanks for posting that here, Sandie.
Back to top Go down
Dimple Diver
On Tour With Il Divo
On Tour With Il Divo
Dimple Diver

Il Divo The Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Il Divo The Star   Il Divo The Star Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:50 am

thanks Fara...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Il Divo The Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Il Divo The Star   Il Divo The Star Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Il Divo The Star
Page 1 of 1