Il Divo Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Il Divo Forever

A IL DIVO fan forum.This forum is not official!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rosemont Theatre, Chicago, May 19th, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NCISannegirl
Freshman Music Student
Freshman Music Student

Rosemont Theatre, Chicago, May 19th, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Rosemont Theatre, Chicago, May 19th, 2009   Rosemont Theatre, Chicago, May 19th, 2009 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:29 am

I know this is a few days late, but this is the first chance I've had to submit a review and post pics. Warning: My camera is Siren, so there's quite a few pics of Sebbie... more about that in a moment.

Ok, so I got to the hotel really early and had a chance to meet and have lunch with several Divas. It was so cool meeting others from the forum and putting faces to names. That was one of the highlights for me. At the theatre, there was a table set up for gifts for the guys. I had brought gift bags for each one of them containing their favorite candy and college paraphernalia from the school I just graduated from. The security guard assured me that he'd make sure that the guys got them. My next stop was at the souvenir table where I bought a gray t-shirt, program and splurged on the hand-signed poster. I didn't know how I was going to get that home in one piece, but it was worth it.

On to the concert. I had an 8th row seat for the first half and third row orchestra pit the second half, thanks to Irma! The guys came out looking absolutely adorable. "Somewhere" never sounded better! Carlos asked us if we missed his curl and then asked the houselights to come on so that he could see "all the beautiful women in the audience." Almost made me glad that I had dropped 20 lbs for this....more on this later!

So, we heard “Unchained Melody”, “Regressa Mi” and so many others that it was hard to keep track of. The only song I didn't like was "She" and that's just because I don't like the song period. Called two of my friends at home so that they could hear “Bridge Over Troubled Water” and “Mama” performed live.

After intermission, I traded seats with Irma's friend Joanne and sat in the pit. What a view! There were two Divas in front of me, but neither had cameras. Seb was standing at our end of the stage. He looked out and saw me with my camera pointed at him. He smiled and winked at me, which made me blush like a schoolgirl and made him smile even bigger. After that, he was definitely aware of the camera, so often he would stay put a tad bit longer until he saw my flash go off. What a man! I know I wasn’t imagining things, either, because Irma nudged me and said, “He’s looking right at you!” Those dreamy green eyes looking into mine – sheer heaven! That was what made me thankful that I had lost those 20 pounds!
LVSA time. We were invited to dance along with the guys, but no one stood up when they said that. It took a teen in the front row to be the first one. Once she stood up, I joined her. Seb saw me stand up, since he was right in front again, so he did an extra good job of dancing, especially since I had my trusty Siren camera in hand. He is such a charmer!
“Adagio” was so full of passion, it was amazing. The guys really threw themselves into the song and it was so clear to me that they love what they do. I could see the sweat coming off of David during that song.
All too soon, it was over. A few of us hurried outside to see if we could see the guys leave. We managed to catch a brief glance of Carlos getting into his limo and leaving. The rest were already gone. Maybe next time we’ll catch them.
It was a fantastic evening and I can’t wait for the July 7th show.

Pictures will follow soon!

Hugs,
Liz Smile
Back to top Go down

Rosemont Theatre, Chicago, May 19th, 2009
Page 1 of 1